The Limes Children’s Centre is a unique place for children and families. We want all children and families to feel a strong sense of belonging and to be able to contribute to the services and support we provide.
The core purpose of the Children’s Centre is to improve outcomes for young children and their families in:
- Child development and school readiness
- Parental Confidence and aspirations
- Child and family health and life chances.
Our children’s centre team provide a range of services and groups, at the centre, in the community and in the home.
We support families in nurturing relationships, helping parents with children’s routines and achieving individual goals.
St George Community Centre:
On Tuesday morning we run a Play and Learn group at St George Community Centre.
Bookstart Corner for children 2 years old and under.
Bookstart Corner offers your family a set of books and activities delivered over 4 home visits by someone from the children’s centre team.
Adult Learning Opportunities
Do you want to improve your English/Maths/ICT? Please follow the links below for more information:
Information, Advice and Guidance
John Stinchcombe is the centres Information , Advice and Guidance Worker. John can assist parents/carers with children aged 0-5 years in:
- Identifying childcare options
- Helping to source funding to pay for childcare
- Signposting to relevant agencies who can provide return to work or training support
- Providing assistance in seeking employment
- Calculating entitlement to appropriate welfare benefits and tax credits including a better-off in work calculation.
Parents can phone John on 0117 357 4192 to book an appointment to talk to him.